This page contains a comprehensive list of the best resources and books you can get your hands on to further study on the topic of stoicism. Moreover, these are also are items that I read, am reading or will read to further aiding me in my journey in finding out valuable wisdom of the stoic.
Side note: This will also a convenient list that you can bookmark it up or share to your friends who are also interested in the topic. So, enabling them to further understand and start their own exploration.
Stoicism is a simple idea to understand but without the basic understanding behind the philosophy one’s can get lost in ancient text and be frustrated. I would ask you to start with something that have been translated to modern times to get the gist of it then go on to something advance.
- A Guide to the Good Life: The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy by William B. Irvine (2008)
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday (2014) – AudioBook
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday & Stephen Hanselman (2016) – AudioBook
These are meant for advance user who likes to understand more of the philosophy side.
- Meditation by Marcus Aurelius (2014) – AudioBook
- Letters from a Stoic by Seneca & Robin Campbell (1969)
- The Enchiridion by Epitetus (2015)
- Daily Stoic
I created this quote app to remind myself on a daily basis. People in the app store seems to be loving it too. Maybe you can give this a try.
PS: If you have any awesome resources that you think I should add in. Just drop me a message in the contact form. Thanks!
Disclaimer: This blog, “tommylee.rocks”, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.